Media & Press
For media and press enquiries, please contact:April Cashin-Garbutt
Head of Research Communications and Engagement
To access our latest press releases:Please visit our News Releases page.
To sign-up to receive our news releases:Please join our Press Distribution Mailing List.
About the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre
The Sainsbury Wellcome Centre brings together world-leading neuroscientists to generate theories about how neural circuits in the brain give rise to the fundamental processes underpinning behaviour, including perception, memory, expectation, decisions, cognition, volition and action.
Funded by the Gatsby Charitable Foundation and Wellcome, the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre is located within UCL’s School of Life and Medical Sciences and is closely associated with the Faculties of Life Sciences and Brain Sciences.
In the News
- The Guardian covers research by a group of long Covid patients who are also researchers, including Dr Athena Akrami, to understand the real impact of Covid-19: 'Many 'long Covid' sufferers unable to fully work six months later'
- E&T features the novel Neuron study by Dr Kelly Clancy and Professor Tom Mrsic-Flogel: 'Mice taught to guide computer mouse with brain activity'
- 10 News First visited the Murray Lab to find out about their work on COVID-19.
- Massive Science reported on the Branco Lab's discovery of shelter direction cells
- BBC 5 Live Breakfast interviewed Dr Elena Dreosti about what her work on social isolation in zebrafish means for humans during COVID-19 lockdown, 'Will lockdown loneliness make us loners?' (From 57:00 mark)
- Times Higher Education reported on the SWC and British Neuroscience Association event on REF and reproduciblity 'Managers who ‘fetishise’ certain journals warp incentive culture'
- The Economist discusses Neuropixels in their Thought Experiments piece: 'How brains and machines can be made to work together'
- Nature highlights the work of the Murray group: 'The cells that set the body straight'
- Público interview Adam Kampff: 'Não precisamos de mais dados, precisamos de ideias melhores'
- Massive Science publish a feature on work from the O'Keefe lab: 'New research suggests our brains update an internal ‘cognitive map’ when the environment changes'
- Technology Networks highlights BrainCamp Kosovo: 'Refugee Returns to Raise Profile of Science in Kosovo'
- Technology Networks covers research from the Hofer lab: 'Study Measures Activity of Multiple Cell Types During Learning'
- Science et Vie features Tiago Branco's Nature paper: 'On sait comment le cerveau décide de fuir'
- The Times discusses the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre building: 'Social spaces, lots of light, saunas — how architecture makes us happy'
- BBC Radio 4 references work by Professor John O'Keefe in the Book of the Week podcast: 'On Mazes and Labyrinths'
- The Irish Times covers Professor John O'Keefe's lecture at the Schrödinger at 75 conference: 'Spatial tests could reveal early sign of Alzheimer’s, says expert'
- Engineering and Technology includes comments from Professor Tom Otis in their film review: 'Upgrade: technology for the human body 2.0'
- Scientific American features an article from Andy Murray: 'Neuroscientists Use Rabies to Explore the Brain'