Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS)
The Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour (SWC) brings together world-leading scientists to investigate how brain circuits generate perception, form memories, and guide behaviour.
The postdocs of the SWC invite aspiring leaders in neuroscience to present their research to the SWC community in London as part of our Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS).
Applications for ENSS 2023
If you would like to apply for ENSS 2023, please check back in late Spring 2023 or sign-up to our newsletter to be alerted when applications re-open.
Thank you for your interest in ENSS.
Speakers - 2022
The speakers of the 2022 Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) are:
- Lina Marcela Carmona, Institute: Zuckerman Institute, Columbia University, USA
- Teresa Guillamón-Vivancos, Instituto de Neurociencias de Alicante, Spain
- Zeynep Okray, University of Oxford, UK
- Megha Sehgal, University of California Los Angeles, USA
Speakers - 2021
The speakers of the 2021 Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) were:
- Dr Zahid Padamsey, Centre of Discovery Brain Sciences, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Shin Kira, Harvard Medical School
- Dr Kevin M. Cury, Columbia University in the City of New York
- Dr Arjun Bharioke and Dr Martin Munz, Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology, Basel
Speakers - 2020
The speakers of the 2020 Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) were:
- Dr Silvana Valtcheva, Froemke Lab, New York University
- Dr Tristan Geiller, Losonczy Lab, Columbia University
- Dr Jared Cregg, Kiehn Lab, University of Copenhagen
- Dr Andrew J. P. Fink and Dr Carl E. Schoonover, Axel Lab, Columbia University
Speakers - 2019
The speakers of the 2019 Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) were:
- Dr Mark Wagner, Luo Lab, Stanford University, "Neocortex-cerebellum dynamics during skill acquisition"
- Dr Millie Rincón-Cortés, Grace Lab, University of Pittsburgh, "Stress and Postpartum Effects on the Female Dopamine System"
- Dr Dhananjay Bambah-Mukku, Catherine Dulac Lab, Harvard University, "Molecular and cellular dissection of social behavior circuits in mice"
- Dr Elizabeth Holly, Fuccillo Lab, University of Pennsylvania, "Dorsomedial striatal low-threshold spiking interneurons regulate goal-directed learning"
Speakers - 2018
The speakers of the inaugural Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) 2018 were:
- Dr. Graziana Gatto, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Goulding Lab. “Dissecting the spinal circuits for sensorimotor transformation”
- Dr. Sabine Krabbe, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Lüthi Lab. “Adaptive disinhibitory gating by VIP interneurons permits associative learning”
- Dr. Yoav Livneh, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Andermann/Lowell Labs. “Insular cortex selective processing of need-relevant cues via distinct hypothalamic circuits”
- Dr. Alon Rubin, Weizmann Institute of Science, Ziv Lab. “Revealing neural correlates of behavior without behavioral measurements”