Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS)
The Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour (SWC) brings together world-leading scientists to investigate how brain circuits generate perception, form memories, and guide behaviour.
The postdocs of the SWC invite aspiring leaders in neuroscience to present their research to the SWC community in London as part of our Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS).
Applications accepted between 13th May and 9th July 2021.
We welcome applications from postdoctoral researchers around the world. Candidates should have a minimum of two years postdoctoral experience and should not have secured a faculty or group leader position at the time of application. Previous
applicants who were not selected are welcome to apply.
Presentations will take place between Oct 2021 and Jan 2022. We are considering both in-person and virtual options depending on future COVID regulations. In-person travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
If you have any enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "ENSS Enquiry".
It has come to our attention that, due to a technical issue, a number of last year’s ENSS candidates were not notified about their unsuccessful applications. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. If any of last year’s candidates would like to seek more information about the application process, please contact one of the ENSS committee members listed below.
The ENSS Organizing Committee.
Sepiedeh Keshavarzi, email@example.com
Cristina Mazuski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dario Campagner, email@example.com
Yaara Lefler, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hernando Martinez Vergara, email@example.com
Sara Mederos, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sthitapranjya Pati, email@example.com
Andy Murray, firstname.lastname@example.org
The speakers of the 2020 Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) speakers were:
The speakers of the 2019 Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) speakers were:
- Dr Mark Wagner, Luo Lab, Stanford University, "Neocortex-cerebellum dynamics during skill acquisition"
- Dr Millie Rincón-Cortés, Grace Lab, University of Pittsburgh, "Stress and Postpartum Effects on the Female Dopamine System"
- Dr Dhananjay Bambah-Mukku, Catherine Dulac Lab, Harvard University, "Molecular and cellular dissection of social behavior circuits in mice"
- Dr Elizabeth Holly, Fuccillo Lab, University of Pennsylvania, "Dorsomedial striatal low-threshold spiking interneurons regulate goal-directed learning"
The speakers of the inaugural Sainsbury Wellcome Centre Emerging Neuroscientists Seminar Series (ENSS) 2018 were:
- Dr. Graziana Gatto, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, Goulding Lab. “Dissecting the spinal circuits for sensorimotor transformation”
- Dr. Sabine Krabbe, Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Lüthi Lab. “Adaptive disinhibitory gating by VIP interneurons permits associative learning”
- Dr. Yoav Livneh, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Andermann/Lowell Labs. “Insular cortex selective processing of need-relevant cues via distinct hypothalamic circuits”
- Dr. Alon Rubin, Weizmann Institute of Science, Ziv Lab. “Revealing neural correlates of behavior without behavioral measurements”